Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Busy

Wow, it's been a while since I've written in here. The past few weeks had been busy and hectic for us. Spring has finally come and so two Saturdays ago, we raked the remaining dead leaves off the yard as well as some browned grass. I tell you, people in this area tend to their lawns seriously. That was a lot of work for us. My MIL came up for a visit so we had some help cleaning the yard and babysitting as well. Then Monday, we went to the Cities and went to the Mall of America. This is the biggest mall in the USA which to me is as big as Megamall. They have rides here in the mall, so hubs and I did some rides. We did the Timberland Twister (which I will NEVER ever ride again!), the Log Chute and the Bump Cars. Hubs, baby and gramma did the Carousel and I took pictures for baby's first official ride. I had fun with the Bump cars the most, probably because I bumped his car more than he bumped mine. Yea, that shows he's the better driver, hehee. We were glad we went on a Monday because there was not a crowd. We had the Bump cars to ourselves so there was more room to maneuver.
We also did the Underwater Adventure which is a giant aquarium that you can walk beneath it. For some reason this was more fun than the one we saw at Mandalay Bay, 2 years ago. Maybe because my MIL was so awed and fascinated with everything like a child that her fascination was contagious.
We also went to Home Depot and finally bought a patio set for our deck. MIL decided to stay until Sunday and hubs and I were so happy to have her longer. Following day, we got on our knees and scrubbed our deck, boy that was tough on my back! But, that was just the start of a busy week for us. Next day after baby went to nap, my MIL and I started the preliminary task of staining our deck. (Hubs was sleeping because he's going to work that night and the following 2 nights as well). Boy, oh, boy, that was harder for our backs to take. Finally, we were able to do the final staining the next day and after a job well done, my MIL and I were both groaning from all the body aches and pains but it was all worth it because hubs was impressed and the deck really looked good. Well, it takes a while to get used to the color hubs chose but it will fade in time.
Then of course, when Friday came it was my turn to work until Sunday, no make that until 630 am of Monday. Monday was devoted to sleeping all day and all night. Today, my body has finally recuperated.
And so that wraps up my boring and mundane activities in the last few weeks. Meanwhile gotta go coz I got tons of dishes to do. Hay, I miss my MIL!

No comments: